how does the FOB self test works?
FOB self test works on a third principle, using a patented electrochemical sensor where a chemical reaction between the sensor and the blood in stool induces a current which is read by the digital reader and compared to a pre-set threshold. This allows the test to be designed around the user experience, removing the most problematic steps of FIT and gFOB tests:
- Sample preparation – measure does not require sample mixing or smearing;
- user simply collects sample using provided brush and inserts into cartridge which is then sealed to prevent any leakage;
- Immediate results – technology allows results to be displayed within one minute of test initialisation;
- Digital test timing and results;
- No need to interpret a colour change or whether bars have appeared or not;
- Triplicate testing – polyps and colorectal tumour growths can bleed intermittently.