Worried on BREAST CANCER? Be “breastaware”and be on the look out for any changes regularly!
Most women know that they should check for lumps that are out of the ordinary. However there are other changes to your breasts that you should look out for as well, including:
- change in the size or shape of your breast;
- change in the skin – particularly dimpling or puckering;
- change in the appearance of the nipple or a discharge from the nipple;
- breast pain that does not go away after a period;
- lumpy areas or thickening of the breast Most new lumps or other breast changes are not serious and can be easily treated if necessary. The earlier any problems are found, the better the chances. That is why it is important to be “breast aware” and to be on the look out for any changes.
What will you see?
You will see veins and other blood vessels as dark lines in your breast. These are totally normal. Around the nipple you may see a circle of small dots – these are part of your mammary glands. These are also totally normal.
Over a number of months you will learn what your breasts look like when lit by your Breastlight. This internal view will become as familiar to you as the look and feel of your breasts on the outside.
As with all aspect of breast awareness, the important thing is to look out for any changes.
Breastlight has undergone extensive testing in hospitals and at home. It is easy to use and is powered by rechargeable batteries.
Enlightened breast awareness!
Use Breastlight as part of your normal breast awareness routine at home.
Breastlight is not a substitute for the routine breast screening you receive if you are aged 50 or over – we’d strongly advise you to take advantage of the chance to have a mammogram.
If you notice any changes in your breasts you should ask your doctor about them as soon as possible. They will probably be harmless but your doctor will be able to reassure you.