We recommend all men from age 45 to take PSA test once a year. Early detection of prostate problems is vital for early treatment.
1 in 8 men in the UK will get prostate cancer. Men whose father or brother were affected by prostate cancer are at slightly increased risk themselves. Recent research also suggests that obesity increases the risk of prostate cancer.
Prostate self test is a quick, simple and accurate home-test, that helps men to assess whether their prostate gland is healthy.
For many men with prostate cancer, treatment is not immediately necessary.
If the cancer is at an early stage and not causing symptoms, your doctor may suggest either "watchful waiting" or "active surveillance". The best option depends on your age and overall health. Both options involve carefully monitoring your condition.
Some cases of prostate cancer can be cured if treated in the early stages. Some cases are only diagnosed at a later stage, when the cancer has spread. If the cancer spreads to other parts of the body and can't be cured, then treatment is focused on prolonging life and relieving symptoms.
Why you have to do HIV self testing?
- To find out if you have HIV or not without waiting for laboratory results and doctor's appointment;
- Early diagnosis is critical. The longer the HI-virus remains undetected in your body, the more it damages it.
- The sooner you start the treatment, the more assured you can be that you life expectancy and quality of life remains at the same level as for HIV negative person;
- If you know your HIV status, you together with your doctor can make better decisions about you and your partners health;
- Don’t wait for symptoms to appear – they might not be visible at all until virus becomes very dangerous.
Remember! Being tested regularly (every three months) keeps yourself conscious on your health!