Test yourself of vitamin D deficiency from comfort of your home with results available in your mailbox and professional support from experts afterwards.
The chances of suffering from vitamin D deficiency are high: “Worldwide, an estimated 1 billion people have inadequate levels of vitamin D in their blood, and deficiencies can be found in all ethnicities and age groups.” (Harvard School of Public Health1-3).
It is important to know your vitamin D level and supplement in accordance with your individual needs. Stable bones, strong muscles, mental fitness, prevention of osteoporosis, athletic performance are just a few of the attributes that link healthy vitamin D levels to countless scientific studies.
Especially young adults, seniors and women should definitely keep their vitamin D level in mind because they belong to the risk groups.
Unfortunately, you can not taste or feel vitamin D deficiency therefore, it is important to test your level regularly.
Effects of vitamin D:
- increases formation of muscle fibers and cells and promotes calcium release in the muscle;
- strengthens bone structure and musculature, also reduces the risk of falling and the risk of thigh cervicals in old age;
- improves the mood;
- lowers the risk of diabetes;
- reduces inflammation and lowers blood pressure;
- reduces the risk of heart and brain infarction;
- strengthens lung function and immune system and has a positive effect on allergies and asthma;
- prevents bone softening in infants (rickets) and adults (osteomalacia).